Sunday, October 15, 2006

Getting a grip on personal financial money management through simplicity and spirituality


How do simplicity and spirituality relate to getting a grip on personal financial management?

Choosing simplicity means voluntarily focusing on what we truly need or genuinely value in material possessions, work and relationships. When it comes to money, some women mistakenly equate simplicity with poverty. It’s not about doing without. Simplicity is about figuring out what is enough for you.

Women who simplify will find their spiritual truths. At its core, spirituality is the intuitive sense that all things fit together even when you’re fearful that things are falling apart. A search for spirituality is a search for direction when life’s expectations come up short. My spark was a divorce from my business partner husband. It shattered stagnant assumptions about my financial well-being and future.

It was hard to face my truths. No one would magically rescue me from my mountain of unopened financial papers. A healthy bank account wasn’t bad, but perhaps my children and I didn’t need as many material things as our consumer culture advocated. My money attitudes and habits had to change. My professional life had taken a detour, but I was a capable woman who could channel her talents in new, more satisfying directions.

Discovering my spiritual truths about money helped me glimpse how I wanted to evolve. I began to simplify my life choices. This tapped an inner source of well being, a faith that prosperity is possible regardless of economic situation. The freedom and joy of financial serenity began to germinate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home